Happy Model OVX306 VTX is based on the open source project OpenVTX powered by JyeSmith (EpxressLRS team). The size of the OVX306 tx module is the same size as whoop_vtx (25.5x25.5mm) and whoop_vtx_hp. The interface is also exactly the same, which can completely replace whoop_vtx and whoop_vtx_hp.
OpenVTx aims to provide firmware with both the SmartAudio and Tramp protocols. Either protocol can be used on the flight controller and on VTx power up the protocol used is automatically detected by OpenVTx.
Currently SmartAudio is fully implemented and test against Rev. 09. To date IMRC has not released a protocol standard and implementation is based on information found within Betaflight.
OpenVTX firmware preload
Nano size and stable power output
- Output power: 0/RCE/25mw/100mw/400mw
- Frequency: 48CH
- Input voltage: 5V
- Current consumption: <650mA(400mW)
- Antenna: RG178 antenna U.FL interface
- Frequency: 5.8GHz
- SmartAudio ready
- Weight: 2g without antenna
- Mounting Pattern: 25.5x25.5mm
- 1 x Happymodel OVX306 Openvtx 5.8GHz 48ch 400mw VTX for Brushed or Brushless whoop
- 1 x Sleeved Dipole Antenna
- 1 x Wiring Harness Set
- 1 x Hardware kit