Let's introduce the new iFlight Taurus X8 V3 BNF, heavy duty gear to lift those big cams!
Engineered with professionals for professionals, a BNF that's aimed for carrying big payloads offering a soft-damped universal platform for DSLR or cinema cameras (Red Komodo, Zcam, BMPCC, etc) featuring DJI's FPV HD transmission system. Redundant ESC and motor setup for maximum performance but also a safety factor. Even in case of an overload or failure, one remaining ESC and 4 motors will be able to carry your expensive camera back to you. In case you get troubles with signal interference, radio signal loss, or complete FPV transmission fail the GPS rescue feature will automatically take over control, climb to max flight altitude, and descent towards your liftoff location until the signal transmission is regained (no automated landing). The integrated TPU landing gear provides sufficient height for most terrain and offers some protection on harder landings.
2kg maximum payload for a variety of top-mounted cameras and the ability to fine-adjust the stable mount for a perfectly balanced CG (Center of Gravity). The underslung battery acts as a power source as well as a counterweight to strategically slide the weight more front or back to counter camera lenses of different weight or length. The adjustable CNC aluminum mount offers angles from 5 to 35 degrees and can be safely secured for reproducible outcomes. No jello, no jitter, no problem; Our silicon-ball dampened carbon camera base is decoupled from the rest of the frame to reduce the amount of vibration generated by motors and propellers. For the perfect cinematic shot we recommend and additional software stabilization in the post or a hardware module (for example SteadXP).
The estimated flight time with 6S 4500mAh and attached cinema camera is about 4-6min, depending on speed and wind conditions! (set includes one battery)
- Optimized CG through the adjustable camera and battery mount
- 2kg max payload for various cinema and DSLR cameras
- XING2 3110 1250KV efficient and powerful wide stator motors
- Stable silicon-ball decoupled camera CNC mount
- Redundant ESC and motor configuration
- GPS flight data and rescue functionality
PRE-TUNED & PRE-SETUP:
- Don't worry about tuning, we did that for you already! A basic PID- and Filter tuning was applied for a great flight experience!
- To restore lost tunes or updates, please check our linked article on "Firmware/Factory Dumps"
- Angle-Mode (self-balancing level mode) is enabled by default to make sure your first flight doesn't end in a mess!
- Please check our linked article on "How to disable Angle-Mode, activate Acro-Mode"
- GPS Rescue is ON by default. Please check our linked article on "GPS Rescue Mode // Setup"
TAURUS X8 V3 BNF SPECS:
- Top and bottom plate spacing: 20-31mm (aluminum standoff height)
- GPS module: iFlight M8Q-5883-GPS & Compass V2.0 (LINK)
- BLITZ F7 Pro Flight Controller (LINK)
- Weight: 1.58kg (without battery)
- Motor: XING 3110 1250KV
- Body Size: 283*283mmmm
- Wheelbase: 400mm
- Propeller size: 8 inch
FC // BLITZ F7 PRO FLIGHT CONTROLLER
- Mount pattern: 35*35mm/ 4mm PCB hole diameter
- Smartaudio / IRC Tramp VTX protocol supported
- Firmware target: IFLIGHT_BLITZ_F7_PRO
- Input Voltage: 14.8V-34V (4S-8S LIPO)
- Motor outputs: 4x (SH1.25 connector)
- Flash: 512MB (Blackbox flash)
- I2C serial: SDA / SLA pads
- Dimensions: 41*41.5mm
- Barometer: DPS310
- OSD Chip: AT7456E
- LED controller: Yes
- MCU: STM32 F722
- Weight: 17g (±2)
- Beeper pad: Yes
- Gyro: MPU6000
- UARTS: 6
ESC // BLITZ E80 4-IN-1 PRO 80A ESC
Supports DShot DShot150/300/600/MultiShot/ OneShot etc.
- Mounting Holes: 35*35mm/Φ3mm
Current sensor: Yes, scale 200
- Firmware: IFLIGHT_BLITZ_G2
Volts input: 2-8S
- BEC: No
TAURUS X8 V3 HD BNF INCLUDED COMPONENTS AND PARTS
- 8 x HQ 8X4X3 CW propeller + 8 x HQ 8X4X3 CW propeller (Color may vary)
- 2 x Albatross LHCP 5.8GHz SMA FPV Antenna
- 2 x iFlight Lipo Strap 20*400mm (Black)
- 2 x iFlight Lipo Strap 20*500mm (Black)
- 1 x Camera Power 12V 3A BEC Module
- 1 x DJI FPV Air Unit Module + Camera
- 1 x Fullsend X 6S 75C 4500mAh
- 1 x Taurus X8 V3 Frame
- 1 x Prop Wrench
The DJI Remote Controller is recommended for beginners since you won't need to set up another receiver, but it is also optional in this BNF drone because it is NOT required in order to use the FPV system. If you don't choose to use the DJI Remote Controller, you can choose a receiver option for your transmitter and then bind to your own radio as usual.